Linked by Eugenia Loli on Sat 28th Apr 2007 00:53 UTC, submitted by applesource
Privacy, Security, Encryption Microsoft Australia has defended the company's User Account Control (UAC) system as being "misunderstood" and said it should be the type of technology that all operating systems aspire towards.
Permalink for comment 234847
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
RE[2]: Windows Vista
by mym6 on Sat 28th Apr 2007 13:46 UTC in reply to "Windows Vista"
Member since:

On the network I control, 99.99% of the client workstations have users running at nothing more than Domain User and Local User on the machines. They can't install anything unless it's something I've defined in the GPO. The other 0.01% is my workstation.

I think there are a lot of Windows "administrators" that need to take a share of the blame.

Reply Parent Score: 2