Linked by Thom Holwerda on Wed 7th May 2008 21:24 UTC
Permalink for comment 313463
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
pants / trousers
by giddie on Thu 8th May 2008 12:02 UTC
Member since:

Also worth bearing in mind: 'pants' means 'underwear' to Commonwealth English speakers (but is still plural). We exclusively use the word 'trousers' for the visible full-leg article of clothing.

Another note to US-English speakers: *please* avoid use of the word 'fanny' to anyone outside North America!

Reply Score: 1