Linked by Thom Holwerda on Mon 3rd Aug 2009 08:47 UTC, submitted by anonymous
Apple I think we just found out why we aren't hearing more stories of exploding and burning iPods. Ken Stanborough had to throw his daughter Ellie's iPod Touch outside, because it got too hot to hold, and he could see vapour. Within 30 seconds, he could see smoke, he heard a pop, and the Touch went 10ft into the air. After contacting Apple, the company denied liability, but offered a refund. However, Apple said that in accepting the money, Stanborough was not allowed to talk about the existence of the agreement - or else Apple would sue him. Update: Apple told Sky News Online that the letter with the gagging order is standard practice.

Permalink for comment 376717
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
RE[2]: MS
by RogerBryce on Mon 3rd Aug 2009 10:31 UTC in reply to "RE: MS"
RogerBryce
Member since:
2008-07-07

I think I'd have a hard time choosing between those two evils if I had to.

Reply Parent Score: 3