Login to OSNews
Username or Email
KDE SC 4.8 Released
on Thu 26th Jan 2012 22:42 UTC
its latest set of releases, providing major updates to
KDE Plasma Workspaces
, and the
. Version 4.8 provides many new features, and
improved stability, performance
dynamic power management
Permalink for comment 505040
To read all comments associated with this story, please
on Sat 28th Jan 2012 22:18 UTC in reply to "
Perhaps that would be worth a shot for you?
Well, apart from the transparency & style different in the taskbar, I don't see any changes on the window title button styles and the boring flat gradient gray.
I have the opinion that Oxygen could reach perfection if:
1) Window buttons were like in gnome-shell's adwaita, with a corresponding color when you hover the pointer on them.
2) Dialog buttons abolish the icons.
3) Possibly not include or turn off icons on menus for the KDE UI, but not for applications, at a first glance...
4) Bigger dialog buttons would help too. I think they are too small. (and no, I won't try Qt emulation of GTK).
5) An intermediate cursor size in oxygene cursor theme - there is default (small) and big, which is really huge IMO. There should be an intermediate size between these two.
Edited 2012-01-28 22:21 UTC
Sign Up For The OSNews Newsletter!
Friends & Fans
OSNews Privacy Statement
Notice to Bulk Emailers
© 1997-2013 OSNews Inc. All Rights Reserved. OSNews and the OSNews logo are trademarks of OSNews.
Source Code © 2007-2013,
, except where noted
Reader comments are owned by the poster. We are not responsible for them in any way.
All trademarks, icons, and logos shown or mentioned in this web site are the property of their respective owners.
OSNews.com uses icons from the
© 2008 John Resig
Reproduction of OSNews stories is permitted only with explicit authorization from OSNews. Reproductions must be properly credited.