Linked by kragil on Wed 23rd Jan 2013 20:26 UTC
Google "Native Client enables Chrome to run high-performance apps compiled from your C and C++ code. One of the main goals of Native Client is to be architecture-independent, so that all machines can run NaCl content. Today we're taking another step toward that goal: our Native Client SDK now supports ARM devices, from version 25 and onwards."
Permalink for comment 550415
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
RE[10]: Comment by Laurence
by satsujinka on Fri 25th Jan 2013 03:11 UTC in reply to "RE[9]: Comment by Laurence"
satsujinka
Member since:
2010-03-11

You can also control when GC happens in most languages. By 1 or more of several methods:

1. Disable the GC in performance critical areas
1.a. if you can't disable it arrange time to run the GC before you get to a critical area
2. Run the GC in non-critical areas
3. Manage the life cycle of your objects to minimize GC during critical areas

90% of the time GC makes life easier. The other 10% of the time you just need to know how to take advantage of your GC, which is not much different than manually managing your memory.

Reply Parent Score: 2