Linked by Thom Holwerda on Fri 8th Mar 2013 16:13 UTC
Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu Mark Shuttleworth: "I simply have zero interest in the crowd who wants to be different. Leet. 'Linux is supposed to be hard so it's exclusive' is just the dumbest thing that a smart person could say." He's right. Lots of interesting insights in this blog post - I may not agree with everything Ubuntu does, but at least it's doing something.
Permalink for comment 554761
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
RE[3]: Comment by Laurence
by WorknMan on Fri 8th Mar 2013 20:23 UTC in reply to "RE[2]: Comment by Laurence"
WorknMan
Member since:
2005-11-13

If Canonical wants to chase market share, fine. They're a commercial entity and will behave as such. And if they gain customers by breaking compatibility with other "Linux" focused projects, they'll likely draw from a crowd who wouldn't have been interested in open source or the community, anyway


Isn't that kind of the point though? Right now, you've got about 1% of users on desktop Linux. Canonical wants to go after the other 99%. They could call it 'Occupy Desktop' ;) Bahaha!

Reply Parent Score: 2