Linked by Thom Holwerda on Thu 2nd May 2013 15:28 UTC
Internet & Networking Exactly twenty years ago, a document was published that played a huge role in establishing the web as we know it today. Twenty years later, and this simple and straightforward document is proof of an irrefutable fact: while closed technologies can change markets, open technologies can change the world.
Permalink for comment 560346
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
Free web...
by Kochise on Thu 2nd May 2013 17:11 UTC
Kochise
Member since:
2006-03-03

When I see patent dispute over H264 vs. VP8, Java/Flash messing all around, not everything is free (beer) and free (speech) over there tough.

Considering that something around 99% is prOn, the remaining 1% made a really wonderful job enlightening mankind. What would have it been it it was 5% or even 10% ?

Beware of censorship for "moral" reasons in "democracy", it's then all too easy to ban surrounding subjects as a whole due to "technical inability to just filter the targeted content".

Web should remain neutral, whatever happens. It's up to citizens to teach the right and the wrong instead to make it disappears from eyesight and feels good.

Kochise

Reply Score: 4