Linked by Charles Williams on Tue 17th Jan 2006 21:25 UTC
Linux What ever happened to the total computer newbies who tried Debian (part I | part II)? Mike, Diane, Mary & Carla are still doing very well, although much has changed since the first articles were written. They no longer use Libranet. They no longer use Gnome & believe it or not, Windows has now been installed. Read along to find out what happened.
Permalink for comment 86999
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
RE[2]: Just works
by de_wizze on Tue 17th Jan 2006 23:00 UTC in reply to "RE: Just works"
de_wizze
Member since:
2005-10-31

I think it's more like 95% do not install Windows ever. It's the other 5% that do it for the rest. From OEM provided reimaging CD's the come with the computer when it comes from the store to the IT department who do it for you at work, the virtually no enduser is expected to install the OS.

Reply Parent Score: 1