Linked by Thom Holwerda on Thu 19th Jan 2006 14:36 UTC, submitted by anonymous
Linux "The sockets API lets you develop client and server applications that can communicate across a local network or across the world via the Internet. Like any API, you can use the sockets API in ways that promote high performance - or inhibit it. This article explores four ways to use the sockets API to squeeze the greatest performance out your application and to tune the GNU/Linux environment to achieve the best results."
Permalink for comment 87509
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
RE: Well
by CrLf on Thu 19th Jan 2006 18:14 UTC in reply to "Well"
CrLf
Member since:
2006-01-03

It should, and it is. However, simply put, what's best for 90% of apps, is worst for the remaining 10%. In those cases is nice to know what can be done to increase performance.

Reply Parent Score: 1