Linked by Andrew Youll on Sat 4th Feb 2006 14:31 UTC
Apple Apple has confirmed that it's taken the number one spot in the western European education market. Apple's education market share in western Europe is now 15.2 per cent, relegating Dell, with 14.7 per cent, to second place.
Permalink for comment 92673
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
Deceptive statistic?
by walterbyrd on Sat 4th Feb 2006 17:30 UTC
walterbyrd
Member since:
2005-12-31

>Apple's education market share in western Europe is now 15.2 per cent, relegating Dell, with 14.7 per cent, to second place.<

From the headline, tt seems likey they are trying to imply that Apple is more standard than msft in European eduation. But, they are only comparing Apple to one particular PC vendor - and there are a lot of PC vendors, but only one Apple vendor.

Bottom line: Apple only has about 15% or the market, the other 85% in winel. How well apple is doing realitive to *one* particular PC vendor is not especially relevant.

Reply Score: 3