Username or EmailPassword
I am a Mac system administrator and have never come across files not being able to be deleted from the desktop unless they were locked... but thats an easy fix... just get-info on the file and unlock it.
I'm sure it was something simple like that.
Oh quit trolling, you're intentionally turning people off Macs. For the record, I had a similar problem where I couldn't clear the Trash because some files refused to be deleted. This was under 10.2.
Obviously, you have to give a new OS some time. Mac is probably at the point where it can be recommended for businesses. Following advantages:
- Not too many apps. This is actually a good thing for businesses.
- 1 mouse button. This makes training easier.
- Nicer appearance by default. This increases morale.
- Less variable. Saves admin costs.
- Reasonable to program for. You can make inhouse apps.
The thing to watch out for is networking, networking, and networking. I don't think it's hard at all, but you need to do little test runs. Even among only Windows machines, voodoo is often needed. I've had frustrating anomalies with integrating a Mac into a Windows/Linux network.