Linked by Rahul Gaitonde on Thu 22nd Jul 2004 18:23 UTC
Window Managers IceWM is a lightweight window manager for UNIX-like systems. Although widely used, it is often underrated - there is hardly any IceWM-related content on the Internet. This article is my attempt to share my experiences as a longtime IceWM user. It contains tips and tricks, usage scenarios, and makes use of examples whenever possible to better demonstrate IceWM's features and capabilities. Finally, the article is meant for those with some familiarity with UNIX, but who are new to IceWM.
Permalink for comment
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
RE: Tell Me About Display Quality anf Icons
by emagius on Thu 22nd Jul 2004 19:54 UTC

Also, on the issue of icons on the desktop: Why Not? Why waste usage of 90 percent of the screen?

The taskbar takes up 5%, and the windows take up the other 95%. There's no use for desktop icons. ;)