Username or EmailPassword
1. Make sure you have Xorg 6.8.2 or 6.8.3.
2. Download this January snapshot of xcompmgr (otherwise you will need to check out the latest code using the ARCH revision control which is not very commonly installed on some distros): http://baghira.sourceforge.net/xcompmgr-2.02.tar.bz2
./configure; make; make install-strip
3. At the bottom of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file add:
Option "Composite" "Enable"
Option "RENDER" "Enable"
Add this line to Section "Device" if you have an nvidia card:
Option "RenderAccel" "true"
In the Section "Module" make sure GLcore, dri, glx and xrender are loaded.
4. Make sure your Xorg supports your graphics card in an accelerated 3D mode. Select "DefaultDepth 24" on your xorg.conf file under the Section "Screen".
5. Create a hidden empty file on your home folder called .xcompmgrrc
7. Open a terminal and type:
xcompmgr -cCfF -r7 -o.65 -l-10 -t-8 -D7