Linked by David Adams on Tue 7th Jan 2003 18:05 UTC
Apple Steve Jobs just announced in his Macworld Keynote that Apple is releasing its own browser, called Safari. Its claim to fame is extremely fast performance on the Mac. The Mac platform has struggled from sluggish browser performance with IE (the old default browser). Update: According to Jobs, Safari is open source and based on khtml. It only runs on Mac OS X and will be available for download today.
Permalink for comment
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
Quote
by kma on Wed 8th Jan 2003 07:46 UTC

A buddy of mine talked to one of the developer of the Opera browser. He said that 10% of the time goes to follow the standard and the rest 90% goes to follow Microsofts Standard.