Username or EmailPassword
I read from several places that all IBM Mainframe OSes are running ontop a hypervisor, that no OS runs baremetal.
Are you sure that Linux can run baremetal on IBM Mainframes? Do you have a reference or link?
In http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/resources/systems_z_os_linux_solution... we can see that in those mainframes you can run Linux inside a "virtual machine" (using z/VM) ... or you can run Linux without a virtual machine (as a native operating system).
- you click on the "No additional IBM software charges for traditional environment" link,
- you search for "native Linux",
- you see the mentioned diagram afterwards.
- searched for "native Linux",
- saw the mentioned diagram afterwards.