Linked by Thom Holwerda on Sat 4th Aug 2012 00:54 UTC
Google This tweet from Tom Warren made me smile. So, it's 2012 and tablets are finally able to do what the Amiga did in 1985. Seems like a bit of a stretch to be excited about that, right? Sure, until I caught myself getting excited - only a bit, but still - by this piece of news. Update: removed me being an annoyed child.
Thread beginning with comment 529838
To view parent comment, click here.
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
RE: Why?
by Lobotomik on Mon 6th Aug 2012 09:56 UTC in reply to "Why?"
Member since:

I would like to point out that while I agree that a cellphone is over 99% personal, it is that what makes control of the remaining 1% extremely important.

Every now and people are forced to lend their device to a coworker/little-daughter/significant-other, for a phone call, or a quick check of the internet, or a pacifying game of Plants vs. Zombies or Cut the Rope. I don't doubt that your own device is squeaky clean of anything questionable, but maybe I would not like to spoil a surprise present to my significant other by being caught browsing jewellery pages, or letting my 6-year old nephew read a stored watsapp chat revealing that Santa is just a fiction.

Even if your moral fiber can defy Mother Theresa's, you might not want to let your little son change the backgrounds, shift the icons, delete your pics or read your email.

I find it hard to accept that it has already taken so long to offer a guest mode in every smartphone. Don't Apple engineers have any concept of privacy? Now, about Google engineers... I won't bother ask the same question.

Edited 2012-08-06 09:58 UTC

Reply Parent Score: 4