Linked by Thom Holwerda on Tue 14th Aug 2012 22:17 UTC
PDAs, Cellphones, Wireless You wouldn't believe it, but something actually, truly interesting came out of the Apple vs. Samsung lawsuit yesterday. Apple had conducted a survey to find out why, exactly, consumers opted to go with Android instead of the iPhone. The results are fascinating - not only do they seem to invalidate Apple's claims, they provide an unusual insight into consumer behaviour. The gist? People choose Android not because it's an iPhone copy - they choose it because of Android's unique characteristics.
Thread beginning with comment 531175
To view parent comment, click here.
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
Member since:

For the last 14 years Apple has delivered and innovated like nobody.

So from 1998 to 2012 you think they innovated like nobody?
1996: The first palm pilot is released
1998: The first mp3 player with a harddisk(4.8GB)
2001: Apple releases mp3 player with harddisk
2006: Jeff Han demos his breakthrough touchscreen
2006: LG(Prada) releases first finger touchscreen phone
2007: Apple releases smartphone with finger touchscreen
For the sake of Wall Street, they all also have to compete by lawsuits, but until now competing has been 90% by innovation. The rest of the 10% have been lawsuits for the sake of PR.
Samsung's Galaxy line would have been nothing on the market without the awareness brought on by the Apple suits. Samsung's biggest partner is Apple. Do the math.

Microsoft and Apple are demanding money from every smartphone maker for work they didn't do. If both companies never existed we would still have the same phones we have today. Samsungs Galaxy line gained awareness when they started making good quality products with a good OS.
Until now, both Apple platforms have had an at a more than satisfactory evolution...with Apple making just enough difference to make my investment until now count

Agreed. Apple has a satisfactory evolution. If I liked the way Apple devices work I would have no problem staying with it each year.

Reply Parent Score: 11