FreeBSD 7.2 obviously builds upon version 7.1, but introduces a few new features as well. The team lists the following changes as the most important of this release:
- support for fully transparent use of superpages for application memory
- Support for multiple IPv4 and IPv6 addresses for jails
- csup(1) now supports CVSMode to fetch a complete CVS repository
- Gnome updated to 2.26, KDE updated to 4.2.2
- sparc64 now supports UltraSparc-III processors
FreeBSD 7.2 is available for amd64, i386, ia64, pc98, powerpc, and sparc64, and can be installed through plain old iso images or over the network. Torrent downloads are preferred, but the release announcement also has a list of mirrors.