If you’re looking to make an impression on the world’s technological elite, you’ve come to the right place. OSNews is the daily destination and virtual debate hall for some of the most inquisitive and influential geeks on the net.
- A news story in our regular feed (appearing to all readers, and not filtered out by ad blockers or missed by readers who use RSS) announcing your sponsorship, with a couple of sentences describing your products and services and why they’re relevant to OSNews readers. We’ll make our own decision about whether we want to formally endorse/recommend your product, if we’re personally familiar with it. In any case, this announcement will include a link to the URL of your choice.
- An ad in the sidebar of the site during the week of your sponsorship, also linking to a URL.
- At the end of the week, I’ll also post an item thanking and linking to the sponsor again.
- A permanent thank you and link on our sponsors page.
- If you want to offer a promotion code or giveaway to go with the sponsorship, we are open to that, and might get readers a little more invested.
- The posts will be shared with our RSS subscribers, regular readers, and on our social accounts.
- The links will be conventional (not “no follow”) links, so they will benefit to your SEO.
Donate a free sponsorship
In addition, we offer our sponsors the option to select an open source and/or small project who will get the same sponsorship benefits in the week following yours, entirely for free. This enables small projects to reach a bigger audience, something that’s perpetually difficult for the various open source/small projects that we all rely on for our computing needs.
For instance, if your company or products rely on a certain open source software package, you can let us know, and we’ll contact them on your behalf to see if they are interested. Or, in case you yourself already have a close relationship with an open source project, you can arrange it yourself. If you don’t know of any, we can reach out and see if we know of a project that would be happy to receive a free sponsorship.
OSNews gets about 450,000 visits per month with more than 32,000 registered users. Introductory pricing on the sponsorship fee is $1000 for the week.