The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is pleased to announce the availability of FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE. This is the first release of the stable/11 branch.
Some of the highlights:
- OpenSSH DSA key generation has been disabled by default. It is important to update OpenSSH keys prior to upgrading. Additionally, Protocol 1 support has been removed.
- OpenSSH has been updated to 7.2p2.
- Wireless support for 802.11n has been added.
- By default, the ifconfig(8) utility will set the default regulatory domain to FCC on wireless interfaces. As a result, newly created wireless interfaces with default settings will have less chance to violate country-specific regulations.
- The svnlite(1) utility has been updated to version 1.9.4.
- The libblacklist(3) library and applications have been ported from the NetBSD Project.
- Support for the AArch64 (arm64) architecture has been added.
- Native graphics support has been added to the bhyve(8) hypervisor.
- Broader wireless network driver support has been added.