I’m going to describe steps needed to have the following system:
- Dual-boot with Arch Linux / Mac OS X
- Boot manager UEFI Gummiboot (simple, can handle several kernels easily)
- Full disk encryption (Mac OS X and Arch Linux)
- LVM support
- Suspend to disk using a swapfile
- Settings for a great battery life (~09h30)
I keep the Mac OS X partition, to be able to update the firmware later.
Incredibly detailed ‘blog post’ (I would call it a website) on how to get, well, Arch Linux running on the MacBook Pro Retina 2014. I know Arch is quite popular among OSNews readers, so I figured this would be of interest to some of you. The article is a work-in-progress, so more information is sure to follow.