LinuxInstall.org 1.4 was released today, a distribution built for Linux newbies and those who like a clean pre-configured install by default. Screenshots can be found here, read on for the release notes. – Release number has been changed back to 1.x to respect other distro cycle.
– Mozilla 1.4 RPM packages have been re-compiled to make sure they are fully compatible with existing Plugins
– As a new plugin family, QuickTime Movies can now be played in Mozilla with help with MPlayer.
– Evolution 1.4.3 RPM packages are included but are they installed during Post Install to avoid dependency conflict
– OpenOffice.org 1.1RC RPM package comes with custom design Gnome Office Menu icons for easy launching.
– Scribus 1.0 RPM package which is a desktop publishing software are included first time in this release.
– USBMount script has been added in Gnome panel to mount USB Key/Thumb/Floppy Drive with one single click.
– There are also some changes in default Gnome panel to improve multimedia capability.
– Check out the screenshots here