Linked by Thom Holwerda on Thu 18th Oct 2012 11:58 UTC, submitted by lucas_maximus
Windows "This may be a good sign for Microsoft: a little over a day after putting its new Surface RT tablet up for pre-order, the entry-level $499 version of the tablet has sold out. Its estimated shipping time has slipped from October 26, Windows 8's release date, to a more nebulous 'within three weeks'." We'll see. Wouldn't be the first time a company artificially keeps supply short to generate 'sold-out' hype.
Thread beginning with comment 539005
To view parent comment, click here.
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
RE[3]: Comment by Radio
by Tony Swash on Thu 18th Oct 2012 18:05 UTC in reply to "RE[2]: Comment by Radio"
Tony Swash
Member since:
2009-08-22

40% market share for Android tablets.


I remember about a year or so ago you saying that there was absolutely no way the iPad would have dominant tablet market share a year hence. This was said in the context of an expectation and projection that Android tablets would overtake the iPad in market share.

So what went wrong?

Reply Parent Score: 2

RE[4]: Comment by Radio
by Drumhellar on Thu 18th Oct 2012 18:46 in reply to "RE[3]: Comment by Radio"
Drumhellar Member since:
2005-07-12

Technically, 40% isn't "dominant."

Of course, 60% isn't exactly dominant, either, if the other 40% belongs to one platform.

Reply Parent Score: 3

RE[5]: Comment by Radio
by WereCatf on Thu 18th Oct 2012 19:40 in reply to "RE[4]: Comment by Radio"
WereCatf Member since:
2006-02-15

Technically, 40% isn't "dominant."


Actually it is if the other parties are less than 40% non-combined.

Reply Parent Score: 2