A new release of Blackbox in the latest 0.70 series is now out: 0.70.1 cumulates new features and bugfixes added to CVS over the last 8 months. Read on for a list of the most notable changes.
Here is a list of the most notable changes:
- Fixed compilation on OpenBSD, Mac OS X.
- Updated included documentation.
- Implemented FDO basedir.
- Added window-to-window and window-to-center snap. Window-to-window is off by default, you need to set session.windowSnapThreshold to a positive number in your ~/.blackboxrc.
- Added config options for additional mouse-wheel operations.
- Implemented pipe menus, which render the output of a command as menus on the fly.
- Improved focus-last-window-on-workspace.
- Improved placement of dialog and desktop type windows.
- Users can override the styles rootCommand in their rc (session.rootCommand). This allows you to retain your preferences or prevent a malicious rootCommand in a 3rd-party style.
- Better default colors when no style.
- Shaded+maximized windows don’t dissapear after restart anymore.
- Access window menus with Mod4+right mouse.
- Fullscreen now ignores aspect ratios. This will hopefully fix, by force, movie players which set both fulscreen and ratio properties.
- Supressed the (in)famous pixmap cache messages on the console.
- Many bugfixes — see the complete changelog.