GP Software have released the latest edition of Directory Opus, aka DOpus. In skipping revision numbers from v6 to v8, DOpus has gained a vast amount of flexibility for viewing and managing different document types. Some of the highlights include:* Powerful File Manager & Explorer Replacement
* User-definable File Display Views
* User-definable Toolbars, Menus, File Types
* Advanced built-in Image and File Viewers
* Built-in ZIP and Advanced FTP
* Visually Synchronize Files & Find Duplicates
* Advanced Search and Rename Functions
* More Configurable than any other program
* Easy Slideshows…and much more..
It also has new image manipulation support for resizing and converting images, can send files via email, can automatically change the settings of the current window depending on the type of files contained including showing media meta data (think camera settings on images, etc), etc. Possibly the best thing about DOpus is that almost everything is configurable – all menus, toolbars, etc, etc. I suggest taking a look at the website (http://www.dopus.com/) to get an idea of what is possible, then download the 60-day evaluation copy for a trial-run.