Linked by Thom Holwerda on Mon 2nd Jul 2012 22:17 UTC
PDAs, Cellphones, Wireless Nokia board chairman Risto Siilasmaa went on a Finnish television show, and stated that while he is confident in Windows Phone 8, the company does have a back-up plan if it doesn't work out. Speculation aplenty - what is this backup plan? The answer's pretty easy, if you ask me.
Thread beginning with comment 524970
To view parent comment, click here.
To read all comments associated with this story, please click here.
RE: Plan B is Plan A
by cdude on Tue 3rd Jul 2012 10:53 UTC in reply to "Plan B is Plan A"
Member since:

> there is actually growth for Windows Phone.

From 1.4% to 2% thanks to Lumia (2 million sold devices what is what Android does in 2 days!). Source:

For Microsoft that indeed are good news. For Nokia, which did make that happen, its the all time low that is killing them off.

But you are correct. If all the other mobile companies do what Nokia did and survive long enough then WP7 could reach a marketshare of 10% (with Apple taking the other 90% and all other mobile companies are going to die in 1-2 years like it happens with Nokia atm what means in 1-2 years Apple has 100%)!

Edited 2012-07-03 10:56 UTC

Reply Parent Score: 2

RE[2]: Plan B is Plan A
by Nelson on Tue 3rd Jul 2012 10:59 in reply to "RE: Plan B is Plan A"
Nelson Member since:

You have zero idea what you're saying.

Reply Parent Score: 0