The ReactOS team has released version 0.3.7 of its Windows NT compatible operating system.
This release along with the rest of the 0.3.x series is still considered alpha quality software. ReactOS 0.3.7 continues further work on the main three principles of current ReactOS development: bugfixes, compatibility and stability.
The release announcement sums up the most import changes in this slightly delayed release:
- Improved x64 architecture support
- The start of a real MSVC compiler support project
- Kernel improvements and bugfixes in quite a few parts: Configuration Manager, IO Manager, KE, Memory Manager, Object Manager, Process Manager
- Network stack improvements: leakage fixes, increased functionality
- Filesystem driver fixes, making them more compatible with the Microsoft NT cache manager
- Win32 subsystem improvements and synching of most of the Wine usermode DLLs