All-in-One” Next-Generation Productivity Package Combines Most Popular Tools, Increases Productivity for Consumers
Features the “Gobe Family License” for Hassle-Free Installation at Home and Work
PORTLAND, Oregon – December 13, 2001 – Gobe Software, Inc. is now shipping gobeProductive (pronounced “go be productive”) for Microsoft Windows, the “all-in-one” productivity package that brings increased productivity to “all-in-one” computer users – people who “wear many hats” in their computer use – including office workers, educators and small office/home office computer users.
Combines Popular Business, Graphics, Imaging Tools
From the team that developed ClarisWorks (now AppleWorks), gobeProductive benefits these “all-in-one” computer users by bringing together the most-asked for features of business, layout, graphics and imaging applications, including:
* Word processing and page layout with features such as styles, live linked frames, sections, table creation & editing, output to web and to PDF, independent views of documents and multiple undo. gobeProductive reads and writes Microsoft Word file-format documents.
* Full-featured spreadsheets with 3D charting and powerful features such as multiple spreadsheets linked together in one document and named ranges that can be referenced in text documents. gobeProductive reads and writes Microsoft Excel file-format documents.
* Graphics and illustration with features like anti-aliased graphics, multiple independent layers, definable gradients, element grouping and transparency.
* Image processing & photo manipulation with features like magic wand and multiple plug-in effects.
* Presentations with special-effect transitions.
(For a complete feature list see the gobeProductive Data Sheet, located here).
These tools are can be used separately or can be combined to bring users a new level of productivity and power. A “live” spreadsheet can be drawn onto a word-processing page. An illustration can be created or added, and edited on the spot.
“People need a variety of everyday productivity tools but don’t want to have to purchase three or four expensive applications just to do their day-to-day work,” said Bruce Q. Hammond, Gobe CEO. “In gobeProductive these tools all come together, enabling our customers to produce better looking documents in less time at a lower cost”
“I’m pleased that we are offering our no-hassle ‘Gobe Family License’,” said Dave Johnson, Gobe’s VP of Marketing. “This provides choices and adds real value for computer users.”
Gobe Family License
Gobe Productive is sold with the “Gobe Family License,” allowing owners to install gobeProductive on every computer in the home, as well on one computer at work. A certificate explaining this licensing policy to employers is included in the packaging.
Pricing and Availability
gobeProductive is available through resellers and direct through the online Gobe Store located at http://www.gobe.com for a Suggested Retail Price of US $124.95, which includes the “Gobe Family License”. Existing BeOS gobeProductive users can upgrade for $39.95. Enterprise and academic volume and site licensing pricing plans, as well as white box, value-pack and other licensing programs for VARs and OEMs are available.
Box Includes Linux Version Coupon
gobeProductive will also be released for Linux in the first half of 2002. Prior to the Linux version’s availability the product packaging will include a coupon redeemable for a Linux version CD.
gobeProductive supports Microsoft Windows 98, 2000, ME and XP.
This is version 3.0 of gobeProductive, with two previous versions released for the BeOS operating system.
Gobe Software, Inc. is a privately held company founded in 1997 by members of the original ClarisWorks development team.
Gobe, the Gobe logo, and gobeProductive are trademarks of Gobe Software, Inc. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. ClarisWorks and AppleWorks are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.